For the majority of people, gambling is a form of leisure and/or entertainment, but if you feel you are developing a gambling problem then the following web sites can offer you practical advice and help.
Please keep the following in mind when gambling:
- Decide on how much money you're going to bet before you play and stick to it!.
- If you lose, don't chase your losses.
- Small wins are better than big loses. If you're ahead, take your winnings and run.
- Remember that gambling is entertainment. It's not a get rich quickly scheme.
- Don't forget most forms of gambling are games of chance. There are no guaranteed systems that'll work 100% of the time.
UK Gambling Help
GamCare has a commitment to promote responsible attitudes to gambling and to work for the provision of proper care for those who have been harmed by gambling dependency.
Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help other compulsive gamblers do the same.
USA Gambling Help
The Institute for Problem Gambling is a nonprofit organization based in Connecticut.
Chinese American Problem
Provides information about the Chinese Community Problem Gambling Project in San Francisco, California. Also, provides a problem gambling self-assessment in both Chinese and English.